Vacations should be fun, right? At the Talcott Mountain Science Center, students who spend their vacations with us laugh, learn and love what they're doing! Our programs are hands-on, our classes are small and there's always something for everyone.
Classes are typically two or three-day courses, and cost $180 for TMSC Members/ $200 General Admission. All classes are from 9:00am-4:00pm. Students are required to bring a lunch and should dress for the weather. We have gotten many requests for online offerings, as well as feedback to keep in-person courses. That being said, 2020's December Vacation at TMSC will offer IN-PERSON for K-3rd graders and ONLINE for 4-8th graders.
We are under State and CDC guidelines for all students, parents, caregivers, staff, contractors, vendors, and visitors.
What is being implemented under CT and CDC health guidelines:
- Daily multiple cleanings of high-touch surfaces.
- Daily screenings of staff, students and visitors for temperatures and symptoms.
- Social distancing between students / between courses.
- Masks are required.
- Hand sanitizer stations in each building.
- Staff will have sanitizing wipes to spot clean as needed.
- Bathrooms will have one-at-a-time setups with increased cleaning.
- Hand dryers will be closed and paper towels used.
- Water fountains are closed. Main buildings will have bottled water dispensers - gloved staff will dispense water in single use cups.
2020 DECEMBER VACATION PROGRAMS
IS NOW OPEN!
Pre-registration REQUIRED, please no walk-ins or same-day registration.
For more information about TMSC's vacation programs, please call 860-677-8571. Cancellations or postponements will be distributed to WTIC AM/FM, WFSB Channel 3 and NBC Connecticut Channel 30.
*PLEASE NOTE: December Vacation 2020 does not use bus pickup or drop off. Please drive your child to TMSC.